The Crofts opted to use our Port Orford Cedar for a number of good reasons. With this decking material, woodworkers and homebuilders may enjoy a lot of perks, including:
– Part of the reason this family used this woodworking material is its rustic and alluring appearance. With this decking option, the family was able to create a stunning and lovely wooden structure in their yard. This, in turn, created a more serene and laid-back ambiance on their outdoor space.
– This decking option is quite easy to work with. In this video, you will notice that Mrs. Croft as well as her kids built this project without any help from any professional contractor. Unlike other types of wood and decking materials, Port Orford Cedar works with all hand-tools. Furthermore, they take all finishes, stain and paint extremely well.
– As with all our cedar products, this one contains natural oils that protect the wood from rotting and insect manifestations, making it an ideal material for decks and other outdoor applications.
– It does not contain harmful chemicals, which can be ideal for households with kids and pets.
– While it is light in weight, it is amazingly strong and durable. As a matter of fact, it is commonly used in building structures with heavy-duty applications like boats and temples.
– Last, but not the least, this decking material comes at a very affordable price, especially when you buy it from us. Our 2×6 Port Orford Cedar decking, for instance, would only cost ninety five cents per linear foot, which is quite low compared to the rates offered by other wood suppliers in the country.